Thursday, October 1, 2009

Nice wig Janice, what's it made of?

The last time I blogged, I may or may not have stretched the truth a little. I'm not going to update with my Greece journal... it would just be a futile endeavor on my part in an attempt to keep those memories relevant. Which would, in turn make them less memory-like, and more, living in the past. So, in order to keep those memories in a pleasant place in my mind, I owuld like to move on to newer, fresher stories.

This past weekend, I went camping. (see, much more relevant). Spaghettifest was a delightful experience filled with many firsts on my part. I also spent the weekend with some of my favorite people, and some that I don't know well enough yet to include them in that category. But none of my least favorite people were there, so that was a nice bonus.

*Jump to the future*
Ok, not far in the future, but next week I am going to New York to visit Jonah, who has lived there for a while, and Lindsay who moved there on Tuesday. I am beyond stoked. SInce this is potentially where my remaining years of college will be spent, I am dying to check it out and get a feel for it. The only problem facing me is this: what if I like it too much? I might not get in. It will make my decision between Emerson and NYU that much harder. I won't want to leave. There are too many "WHAT IF's?"

And now, because I can, and because I am stalking Kathryn and Jessica's blogs (it helps that you are my only friends on here). I have decided to make a super long post and steal some things from the two of them.

First:
I am making mthese lists because I like telling people what I like - it makes me smile from the inside out.

Things I like:
- October, it's magical and beautiful, and smells delightful, and leads into all my favorite holidays
- Spending weekends holed up in tents with old friends and new friends and even some strangers
- Forgetting that there is a real world out there
- Bubble baths
- Curling up with a book on a lazy, rainy day
- Hugs
- Laughter
- Weddings
- Creating traditions and making them last
- Scrapbooks filled with memories
- Travelling
- Snowstorms
- Being in college
- Dancing
- Live music, especially when my friends are providing it and I can see how happy they are
- Buying new shoes
- Feeling a sense of purpose when I think about my life/future
- Trashy Soap Operas
- My mother's homemade chicken noodle soup
- Hectic holidays spent with family
- Road trips
- Close-knit groups of friends (think Ya-Ya Sisterhood type close)
- Thunderstorms
- Toasted everything bagels
- Spending hours in Barnes and Noble making fun of books with Jonah and never buying anything
- Apple cider
- Feeling worthy
- The fact that I genuienly care about almost every single person that I meet
- Playing the Sims all day long and ignoring reality
- Writing
- Glee/ Heroes/ Gossip Girl/ One Tree Hill/ The Vampire Diaries
- Sci-Fi/Fantasy movies and books
- When my older brother deems me cool enough to talk to


Things I don't like:
- Hypocrisy
- Secrets
- Bugs
- Liars
- Fame whores
- Working harder than others only to receive less praise
- My parents' divorce
- People that tailgate
- Flakes (people, not the corn type)
- Explaining jokes
- Really hot days
- Mushrooms, onions, olives, beets, anchovies, fish in general
- Getting too attached to people who let me down
- When Prokchop looks at me like he's going to kill me
- People who complain incessantly
- Disrespecting my work ethic
- Calling me a liar

Hmm, more likes than dislikes, I can appreciate that

And second stolen item:
1. Where is your cell phone? computer stand
2. Your hair? down and straight for once
3. Your mother? it's complicated
4. Your father? his birthday is today
5. Your favorite food? mac and cheese!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6. Your dream last night? I got a new tattoo and woke up desperatly wanting it to be true
7. Your favorite drink? Hop, Skip and Go Naked
8. Your dream/goal? own a houseboat
9. What room are you in? cubicle
10. Your hobby? drinking? j/k writing
11. Your fear? clowns
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? done with school, successful, married (asking too much)
13. Where were you last night? home
14. Something that you aren’t? motivated
15. Muffins? chocolate chip
16. Wish list item? money for college
17. Where did you grow up? a few places
18. Last thing you did? copied and pasted this survey
19. What are you wearing? layers
20. Your TV? belongs to my roommate
21. Your pets? Porkchop and Teakwood
22. Friends? are my reason for waking up every morning
23. Your life? getting better every day
24. Your mood? ennui
25. Missing someone? lots
26. Vehicle? bonnie the bonneville
27. Something you’re not wearing? a burka
28. Your favorite store? Staples (no, really)
29. Your favorite color? green
30. When was the last time you laughed? last night?
31. Last time you cried? last week
32. Your best friend? fantastic
33. One place that I go to over and over? Johnny Pog shows
34. One person who emails me regularly? Katty Shaffe!
35. Favorite place to eat? Magiano's

2 comments:

  1. Hey that last one was supposed to be one word only. I had responded, had my answers (wordy as usual) and then noticed the directions and x-ed it. Thanks for stealing things.

    ReplyDelete